About the museum

Contemporary Art Museum of Uzbekistan (CAMUZ)

The goal:

maintaining and replenishing the museum collection;

scientific research and advocacy;

exhibition projects;

advertising and dealing with visitors;

Read more

1st floor

2nd floor


The museum was originally opened in 1983 as an art gallery in the first post office building built in 1910. Today, the museum has the main building and two branches, the 1st house museum of musician and composer Komiljon Otaniyazov and the 2nd Lazgi museum.


The collection includes the works of more than 200 authors who have left a significant mark in the history of national visual arts, well-known and unknown representatives of many art schools and directions.

The pride of the museum

The main part of the collection is the works of Khorezm masters.


About 1,000 paintings, graphics and sculptures are presented to the viewer at regular exhibitions. The art space of the museum hosts exhibitions of artists and museums of other countries. Joint projects were implemented with Japan, the People’s Republic of China, Poland, and Switzerland.

Working days

The museum is open to visitors seven days a week from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m


21, Uzbekistan street, Urganch, Khorezm, 220100